What is this sublimation term .. what does it mean?
What is the 'official' explanation:
Dye sublimation print is used for branding products that have a special coating on them or fabrics suitable for this method of decoration. A transfer is produced by printing sublimation ink onto transfer paper and then heat pressing it onto the product.
- Sublimation ink is a dye so there is no ink build-up. The finished print is embedded in the product.
- Ideal for producing vivid full colour images as well as closely matched spot colour branding.
- Variable data can be printed e.g. individual names
- Edge to edge branding can be achieved on some products
- Only one setup charge is required, regardless of the number of print colours
- Can only be used on suitable products with white surfaces
- Some colours cannot be reproduced including white, metallic and neon/fluorescent colours
- Fine detail or text may experience minor colour bleed across adjacent design elements
Check out all our PROMOTIONAL PRODUCTS to view more options.
Interested in finding out more about promotional products or need help or inspiration.
These promotional products plus thousands more are available through NovaSport Promotional Products.
Contact Us by phone or email to start planning your next event.